- One medium/large spaghetti squash
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 T. finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 t. cumin
- 1/2 t. smoked paprika
- 1/2 t. chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- CAREFULLY cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds, spray the insides with cooking spray (I used olive oil, but any kind you have will do) and season with salt and pepper. Place each half cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- While the spaghetti squash is baking, heat a sauté pan over medium heat. Once it’s hot,add the ground chicken, breaking up into crumbles. Season with cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir occasionally until it is completely cooked through.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the halved cherry tomatoes, lime juice, cilantro, and a sprinkle of salt.
- Once the spaghetti squash is cooked and cooked enough to handle, use a fork to scrape the flesh into strands, leaving it inside the rinds. Top each half with ground chicken and the tomatoes. For added flavor, squeeze more fresh lime juice over each boat.