I was trying to figure out what I could make to prepare for this mid-March massive snow storm we’re getting tomorrow that would be easy to warm up and have for a few meals (and that the kids wouldn’t whine about eating). Since the only good meat the grocery store had left on Sunday night was a giant pack of chicken breasts, chicken nuggets were the winner. I don’t mind though. These gluten free, nutrition packed, guilt free chicken nuggets are so yummy. And if my picky eaters will eat them without realizing there is oatmeal in them, I call that a win.
•5 chicken breasts, cut into nugget size pieces (about 1″ x 1″, not too thick)
•3 cups of oat flour (I used my gluten free oats (from Trader Joe’s) and ground them in our coffee bean grinder, but a blender or food processor would work)
•2 t. salt
•2 t. paprika
•1 t. onion powder
•1 T. olive oil
•olive oil cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 400º and spray two large baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and olive oil together.
3. In a larger bowl, use a fork to thoroughly combine the oat flour, paprika, salt, and onion powder.
4. Dip a chicken nugget into the egg mixture first, then into the oat mixture, then lay flat on the baking sheet. Repeat until all of the pieces have been coated. Once all of the chicken is on the baking sheets, spray the tops with cooking spray (will help them brown).
5. Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes, flipping them halfway through.