It’s been a while since I made a batch of these, and I’m not sure why. These are so hearty and delicious, and super easy to freeze! I used gluten free oats, but if that’s not an issue for you, use whatever you have on hand (or what’s on sale at the grocery store). I also recommend doubling the recipe and freezing what you don’t need.
•1.25 pounds extra-lean ground turkey
•3/4 cup (GF) oats
•1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
•2 cloves of garlic, minced
•1 teaspoon dried oregano
•1 teaspoon dried basil
•1 teaspoon dried parsley
1. Preheat oven to 375º and spray a large baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine all of the ingredients. Do not over mix because the turkey can get mushy.
3. Wash your hands and spray your clean hands with the cooking spray.
4. Roll mix into 1 inch balls and place them on the baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning them over halfway through. The bottoms should be browned.
5. Remove from oven and let them sit for 5 minutes.
6. Serve with your favorite tomato sauce (homemade is best) and your favorite pasta, or just eat them as is. Be sure to top with lots of Parmesan cheese 😉