– 1 small or 1/2 a large head of cabbage, chopped
– 1.5 to 2 pounds of lean ground beef
– two 28oz cans of petite diced tomatoes
– 2 cloves of minced garlic
– 1.5 t. salt
– 1 t. black pepper
– .5 t. of crushed red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
Directions: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the ground beef and cook until brown and crumbly. Once the ground beef is cooked through, lower the heat to medium and add in the chopped cabbage, the cans of diced tomatoes (with juice), garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and stir to combine. Cover the skillet, bring it to a simmer, turn the heat down to medium-low/low and cook until the cabbage is tender and the flavors have blended – usually about 30 minutes.