- 2 pounds of fresh green beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
What you do:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil
- While the water is boiling, snap the ends off of the rinsed green beans.
- Once the water comes to a boil, place the green beans in the water and boil for 4-5 minutes, until tender.
- While the green beans are cooking, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and set vinaigrette aside.
- Strain the cooked green beans and immediately transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Leave them in the ice water until they are fully cooled. Once they are ready, pat dry with a paper towel and transfer to your serving bowl.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the green beans and mix them together. Serve immediately or keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Garnish with lemon slices if desired.