At the farmer’s market last weekend the green beans looked delicious and crisp so I couldn’t resist buying them. We usually eat them right away since they’re so fresh, but this week was just busy, dinners were quick, and I forgot about the bag of beans sitting in the fridge.
When I looked at them today, I realized they needed to be cooked ASAP or they would go to waste. And we hate when we waste food in this house ;). Since my older son is a french fry fanatic, I figured I would try something a little different with the green beans so that he can get some veggies in, but just think that he’s eating a green french fry!
Here’s the recipe I used but it could easily be tweaked:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- While the oven is heating, rinse and trim off the ends of the fresh beans
- spray a large baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray and line the rinsed/trimmed beans on the tray so that they are flat and none are overlapping any others.
- Spray the top of the beans with the vegetable oil spray, sprinkle with sea salt, garlic powder, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the 425 degree oven for 25 minutes or until they are browned
- for EXTRA crispiness (which we like in this house), finish them off under the broiler for 2-3 minutes
You can serve with ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce, or just eat them plain like we did. Every. Single. One.