I started the 21 Day Fix today – and for those of you that do not know what that is, it is a 21 day program designed to teach us proper portion control using color-coded food storage containers (different color for each food group) and 30 minute workouts 7 days a week. I was nervous to start because from the size of the containers, I kept telling myself I was going to be starving. Not the case at all. In fact, I couldn’t finish my dinner.
Planning out the meals that correspond with the correct number of containers of each color your allowed is a skill set I have yet to master (even with my week of trial meals lol) so I decided that it would be a good idea to blog about what foods I’m using to create my meals so that the next person who starts this program can come here for ideas.
Today was a good first day. I felt satisfied the entire day. And even was too full to finish dinner. When you fuel your body with the right foods, you shouldn’t be hungry all the time. When you fuel your body with junk (or that stuff that has absolutely NO nutritional benefit whatsoever) of course you’re always going to be hungry. That’s your body’s way of telling you to feed it something it can ACTUALLY USE!
Here’s a list of the combinations of foods I used throughout the day. Hopefully you can take some of these and use them too 🙂
I’m allowed 3 greens, 2 purples, 4 reds, 2 yellows, 1 blue, 1 orange, and 2 teaspoons daily.
Breakast – Meal 1:
- – 1/2 red of nonfat Greek yogurt
- – 1 purple of chopped Granny Smith apple
- – 1 orange of PB2
- – cap full of vanilla extract (free food)
- – sprinkle with cinnamon (free food)
Snack – Meal 2:
- 1 red of 1/2 Cafe Mocha P90X protein bar (um, YUM)
Lunch – Meal 3:
- 1 green of kale seasoned with Mrs. Dash and sauteed in a pan with cooking spray
- 1/2 red of hard boiled egg
- 1 yellow of Ezekiel bread
After lunch and between meal 4, I got my workout in. First workout was Total Body Cardio. Holy moly it was HARD! My legs were screaming at the end. I don’t think I’m getting out of feeling sore tomorrow. But who else LOVES feeling sore the day after a good workout? It means you kicked some butt the day before 😉
Recovery Drink – Meal 4:
- 1 red of vanilla Shakeology
- 1 purple of strawberries
- 1 teaspoon of natural peanut butter
- ice and water (free foods)
Last but not least, dinner – meal 5:
At this point I had 1 teaspoon, 1 red, 2 greens, and a yellow left (wow!)
- 1 green of spaghetti squash baked in the oven with garlic and Mrs. Dash
- 1 green of bell peppers and tomatoes sauteed until made into almost a “sauce”
- above was cooked in 1 teaspoon of EVOO
- 1 yellow of tricolor whole grain couscous
- 1 red of tilapia baked in lemon juice and seasoned with lemon pepper seasoning
Look at all of this FOOD!
I cannot wait to repeat my breakfast tomorrow. It was DELICIOUS! I could not believe how much food you actually get to eat on this program! Can’t wait to see my results at the end of the 21 days!
I will post updates as I come up with them during this program – so keep checking back!
If you want to learn more about the 21 Day Fix, fill out the form below: